AGV SpA. (Amisano Gino Valenza)
1947 – The first AGV motorcycle leather safety helmet was created by Gino Amisano
1953 – Amisano designs first motorcycle racing helmet
1954 – First modern Italian helmet, made of fiberglass, leading to creation of the “Model 160” Helmet
1956 – First AGV jet helmet produced
1967 – Giacomo Agostini signed by AGV Helmets, he would go on to be a 14-time World Champion, a feat matched by no other
1969 – First full-face helmet worn in an Italian race was an AGV model, worn by Alberto Pagani
1971 – Full-faced AGV helmets mass produced
1977 – AGV starts a “mobile clinic” to treat riders at the site of motorcycle events in case of injury
1978 – Kenny Roberts and Barry Sheene are sponsored by AGV Helmets
1984 – Randy Mamola sponsored by AGV Helmets
1993 – Wayne Rainey sponsored by AGV Helmets
1995 – Valentino Rossi, only rider to threaten the likes of Giacomo Agostini, starts his riding career wearing AGV Helmets, leading to 7 World Championships
2007 – AGV merges with Dainese combining two of the most legendary names in the world for motorcycle protective gear.
2009 – Gino Amisano dies at 89
2012 – AGV unveils their new generation of helmets, the Pista GP, stemming from their “Extreme Standards Project” which began in 2009 as they were striving to make the safest helmet on the market
2014 – The Pista GP is awarded with 5 Sharp Stars and confirmed as one of the safest helmets in the world.
2014 – Bahrain's Investcorp purchases a majority stake in Dainese, the owner of the AGV Helmet brand.
AGV Sports Group
1985 – License acquired from AGV to use name, joint venture into US market making apparel
- Randy Mamola is first racer to be sponsored by the apparel company, wearing the first AGV gloves: The CX-1
- AGV creates their first road race suit and boots
1987 – Yamaha Motor Canada becomes first international importer
1989 – AGV brand name morphed into AGVSPORT, AGV Sports Group Inc. formed
- Keith Code’s California Super Bike School begins using AGVSPORT leather suits for all instructors
1990 – 2007 Parts Unlimited becomes U.S. importer
- Leather gloves, jackets, boots, and textiles all bearing the name AGVSPORT for the first time replaces the AGV name and tri-color logo
1991 – Loris Capirossi sponsored by AGV Sport, wins his second GP World Championship
1992 – AGV Helmets in Italy purchases 51% of AGV Sports Group
Monza Importers I Australia become second international partner
1990’s – List of sponsored riders wearing AGVSPORT apparel explodes
- U.S.A. – Ben Bostrom, Eric Bostrom, Thomas Stevens, Kurtis Roberts, Aaron Yates, and Roland Sands, Mike Hale, Randy Renfrow.
- Canada – Miguel DuHamel, Pascal Picotte, and Steve Crevier
- Australia – Troy Bayliss, Sean Giles, and 7-time AMA Super Bike Champion Mat Mladin
1998 – First modern AGVSPORT logo is created by Sergio Robbiano, the famed Italian designer for Ducati, Bimota, Spidi, and AGV Helmets
2001 – AGVSPORT is recognized by AGV Helmets as an independent brand, owned by AGV Sports Group Inc
2015 – AGV Sport celebrates their 30-year anniversary along with 25 year anniversary with Keith Code and the California Super Bike School
ENTER YOUR EMAIL FOR A FREE DECAL * AND TO ENTER MONTHLY ** FREE PRODUCT DRAWINGS, CONTESTS, SPECIAL PROMOTIONS.
* Decals available in US, Canada, Panama, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Ukraine, India, Thailand, Australia.
** Contest for US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand only.
Your information will be kept confidential and we will not send SPAM emails
DESIGNED BY RIDERS, FOR RIDERS
© 2016 AGV SPORTS GROUP, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED